Saints of Old Florida
Oh Happy Day! We are excited to be the exclusive Thomasville location for this beloved book.
Saints of Old Florida is about life along the Florida Panhandle. Particularly the more undiscovered areas of Port St. Joe, St. Vincent's Island, Indian Pass, St. George Island, Apalachicola, St. Teresa, and St. Marks.
These coastal towns are indeed the "Saints" mentioned in the title - as they were all named by early Spanish settlers to the area. However, the most important
"saints" here are the many saintly things we cherish daily. A dozen raw oysters, bare feet on pine porches, dinner together around our tables, and nights spent too long at beach bonfires. In short, these experiences are the true "saints."
Saints of Old Florida shares the coastal life of today, but also the history and age-old stories that are the culture here. A time-honored feel that you don't find in many places - our book shares just that and explains why and how the essence of Old Florida exists... and survives. Saints of Old Florida is a collaboration by three creatives at different stages in life - 20s, 40s, 60s - but who all share a rich and heartfelt history with Old Florida, a passion for the area and its coastal lifestyle.
- 252 pages of original photography shared from a hyper-local, Floridian vantage point.
- Inked on uncoated, raw paper.
- Exquisitely bound by a linen hard-back cover, with gold embossed cover art to honor our timeless roots.
- Filled with personal stories, endearing anecdotes, local contributions, family recipes and more.
- A staple for your coffee table and a gift to share with generations.